[CCWG-ACCT] recap and next steps?

Salaets, Ken ksalaets at itic.org
Tue Feb 23 21:11:16 UTC 2016

I disagree completely, Kavouss, but the issue here is that the difficulty stems largely from the silence of the board (not to be mistaken with the silence of the lambs).  It is respectful to people and process that, when you have a contrary view or perhaps an alternative suggestion, you elaborate on your position so that others may have the benefit and opportunity to assess said argument/alternative and thereby afforded the opportunity to make one’s own judgement.  In this case, the concern being expressed is that we have been deprived of such an opportunity because of the view that the board has not been forthcoming regarding its objections.  Even so, the community has been required to process and respond.

It is certainly the right and, indeed, responsibility of members and participants to evaluate ALL arguments being proffered.  To do otherwise may well be deemed a dereliction of duty.

Cheers,

Ken