[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding what happens if fewer than five of ICANN’s SOs and ACs agree to be Decisional Participants in the Empowered Community

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 05:09:01 UTC 2016

I believe this makes sense and can be noted during implementation. However,
IMO a reduction of participating SO/AC in the "empowered community" from 5
to 4 should not cause any need for change since none of the exercise of
community powers requires more than a threshold 4 and considering that 4
still represents over 50%(4/7) of the ICANN community we should be fine. So
the current threshold proposed from paragraph 25 to 47 on Annex 2 could
still be maintained (ofcourse without any reduction)

However anything that goes below 4, I expect would make the model
impractical and require a complete overhaul.

Regards