[CCWG-ACCT] Follow-up from the Word Internet Conference in China

Dr Eberhard W Lisse epilisse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 19:02:12 UTC 2016

That is not the issue.

The issue is whether an outgoing CEO can, on the corporation dime,
fly there and add to his post ICANN portfolio ("personal capacity").

Or did the Board instruct him to do this?

However, as someone not only having been working a in a few
developing countries, but also having been living in one, since
while it still was repressive, I feel I can contribute to the
perspective:

Appeasing repressive regimes has been historically more often wrong
than not.  And, whether "working with" "progressive factions" makes
a "difference", depends on what the word "difference" means.

el