[CCWG-ACCT] DOCUMENT - Recommendation 2 – Escalation timeframe (first reading)

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 7 05:27:33 UTC 2016

I agree that the process could be simplified.
Merging the petition and conference call might be
possible, but it would have to be done with care
to ensure that there is proper time to
"socialize" the need to exercise the power, or we
will never get the critical mass needed. It is
important that the other AC/SOs (those who did
not originate the petition) have a proper
opportunity to consider the issue and ensure that
their community participates in the Community
Forum. If they don't they will not likely support the final action.

On changing the numbers to percentages, I
personally think that the numbers should be a
conscious decision at the time the number of
AC/SOs is increased, but the percentages would
provide good guidelines, and I suspect I could
live with them as defaults. They seem to work as
the number increases from 5. They do NOT work if
you decrease below 5 participating. I have
attached a PDF of a spreadsheet showing the calculations.

Alan