[CCWG-ACCT] Deck for Meeting #75 Mission Statement discussion

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Jan 8 07:12:57 UTC 2016

Perhaps you should be asking

Is floating and sustaining something like the Net Mundial Initiative,
whose express purpose is to address public policy issues outside the
names and numbers, and technical protocols and coordination, something
within ICANN's mandate?

(Since this is directly an issue where ICANN steps on governmental toes,
in that public policy is traditionally a gov space, this question may be
more relevant to the current discussion on GAC advice and board's
consequent obligations. Also it is a real, manifest issue and not an
abstraction.)

parminder