[CCWG-ACCT] Mission Statement

Finn Petersen FinPet at erst.dk
Fri Jan 8 19:05:01 UTC 2016

Dear CCWG,

>From our latest exchanges regarding the new Mission Statement and as stated in the chat yesterday, DK is of the view that the Board can of course only take decisions based on GAC advice that is within the ICANN's mission. But what we have been seeking is a clear answer to see if the proposed changes to the Mission Statement would imply that the Board in the future would be further constrained in taking GAC advice into account.

I understood from Becky during our CCWG call yesterday, "that ICANN should be able to continue to accept and implement GAC advice as it has been"- in other words the Board will have the same possibility to take into account GAC advice in the future (after the IANA transition) as the Board has today. If that is the case, I would think that it is now crystal clear to me.

I just want be to be assured that nobody in the CCWG is going to object to this conclusion. If that is the case - then I will rest my case!

If the answer is no, please specify how the Board would be further constrained in taking GAC advice into account after the transition.

Best,

Finn

Kind regards

Finn Petersen