[CCWG-ACCT] DOCUMENT - Rec 7 – Scope of IRP (first reading)

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Mon Jan 11 17:52:05 UTC 2016

Brett,

I'm a bit confused by your reply.

On 11/01/2016 17:23, Schaefer, Brett wrote:

> I’ve been puzzled why DIDP appeals would be part of the IRP. I support
> including DIDP in an appeals process, but we are very much against
> restricting it to the IRP engagement,

I don't think anyone was saying that it would be restricted to the IRP:
if DIDP appeals has its own process, so be it. The question is whether
DID decisions should be immunised from challenge under the IRP.

> restricting it to the IRP engagement, escalation, and enforcement
> staircase because that process is dependent on the Empowered Community.
> DIDP appeals need to be accessible to everyone, not just the SOACs, and
> appeals should not require SOAC approval at any threshold.

The IRP is open to every "materially affected party".

The engagement, escalation and enforcement staircase only applies where
the IRP complainant is the Empowered Community, and describes the
Empowered Community's process for deciding whether to bring such a case.
Where the IRP complainant is some other entity, that entity decides for
itself whether to bring an IRP case.

> What about moving DIDP appeals to the request for reconsideration
> process? Is there some reason that I am not seeing?

Requests for Reconsideration are an advisory process.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
       Monument Place, 24 Monument Street, London EC3R 8AJ

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929