[CCWG-ACCT] "Christmas trees" and "Consumer Trust" in Article 1 of the Bylaws

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Jan 14 05:08:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

It does seem like an impasse.  I am sure there is a way out of it other
than having one group surrender to the other (my interpretation of the
earlier "Come on Avri" message.)

I wonder do we still have anyone around who was part of negotiating the
text for ICANN?
We could also consult with NTIA to see which interpretation of the AOC
most closely reflects their understanding.  I believe that the NTIA
folks who negotiated are still at NTIA.

We can ask them whether their idea was 3 was just a reference to what is
in 9 or was an affirmation that had its own content indicating that
consumer trust went beyond new gTLDs, e.g. to all gTLDs or perhaps
referred to the activities of ICANN itslef.

avri