[CCWG-ACCT] TR: GAC advice and Board override issue

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Thu Jan 14 10:28:17 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

During the co-chair lawyer call last week, Rosemary raised a concern
regarding whether requirements of 2/3 majority within the Board could be
legally imposed. Since Icann Bylaws have such provisions today, it was
decided that Rosemary would reach out to Jones Day to understand any prior
legal analysis conducted by Icann on the matter.

Below is a report on these discussions from Rosemary, which clarifies how
this requirement can be legally imposed.

Apart from mentioning this memo in the list of certified requests, we do
not foresee any specific action as a follow up.

Best

Mathieu