[CCWG-ACCT] FW: Question regarding AoC and "consumer trust"

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Fri Jan 15 17:03:51 UTC 2016

On 15/01/2016 15:27, Greg Shatan wrote:
> I also have to say that I find Fiona's words convincing.  When a
> document (or any portion thereof) is ambiguous on its face, the
> intentions of the drafters are a key factor in clarifying the
> ambiguity.  I consider the meaning and purpose of Section 3 to be
> clarified, and I withdraw my concerns about how Section 3 is being
> handled by the CCWG.
>
> To the extent anyone thinks this issue is (or rather, was) significant
> enough to derail the entire "AoC" Recommendation and postpone it to WS2,
> I submit that this is now a non-issue.

Yes, Fiona makes entirely clear that add "consumer trust" to the general
Mission, without specifically limiting it the new gTLD, cannot be
justified as an implementation of the AoC.

Since we were only considering AoC implementation and not general
extensions of the Mission, this proposal is now dead, not only for now
but also for WS2, I quite agree.

Malcolm.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
       Monument Place, 24 Monument Street, London EC3R 8AJ

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929