[CCWG-ACCT] Board remarks on Human Rights, IRP and Community IRP

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:40:45 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I fully understand the concerns raised by some of our CCWG colleagues in
regard with the Board's recent comments on three Recs. However, at WP4, I
remember that, Board's members expressed more or less the same concerned
but those concerns were not taken into account when the WP4 prepared its
output.

That output was discussed at CCWG and there was no reaction from the CCWG
members on the initial Board's comments.

The Board has then raised their points when commenting on CCWG 3rd proposal
and now reiterating more or less the same concerns

I am of the opinion that we need to carefully examine these comments, if
some or all are convening we should take them into account. Those areas
that we are not convinced, we need to enter into discussion with the
Board's representative with a view to find an acceptable solution.

Should we ignore their comments, they would submit these comments to NTIA
together with CCWG Final proposal

Another important point is that the Board is the entity that a) will have
to implement these provisions. Should they identify any difficulties to
implement them ,we need to examine their difficulties to minimize them that
the provisions in question could be implementable.

The other issue is should some of our output create legal difficulties for
the Board such as involve them in obligations vis a vis other entities with
which they contract certain action and  the scope of implementation of
those actions by the contracting parties  is  beyond the control of the
Board, then what we expect from the Board to do.

CCWG draft many provision purely on theoretical ground and may not
have  examined
the intended or unintended consequences of these provisions thus the Board
is legitimately allowed to comment on these provisions from practical
implementation view points

Best Regards

Kavouss