[CCWG-ACCT] Recommendation 11, 2/3 board threshold, GAC consensus, and finishing

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Jan 29 20:44:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

It may be a question that misrepresents the process.

When it comes to finding consensus, acceptance and a willingness to
speak out for something is an affirmation.

You can consider my view point as an affirmation if those words need to
be used.  I think the compromise especially because it includes a
commitment to retain the current definition of GAC consensus, and NTIA
requirement, is a good thing.  I think trading 1/2 for 2/3, the
equivalent used by the Board to deny a recommendation (a synonym of
advice) is an irrelevant trade off.  Or rather I _affirm_ that i think
this is good.

I would also say that in terms of most all of the issues in the current
draft that we have compromised on, at best I accept them and any
willingness to affirm them is based on that acceptance.

avri