[CCWG-ACCT] Creative solutions for Rec.11

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Sat Jan 30 21:40:10 UTC 2016

Dear Paul

As I said I cannot and would not dare to speak for the GAC.

But in any group where expressing one's opinion is not compulsory, normally a majority does remain silent and those with a strong sentiment speak out, factually "representing" in some way the main currents of thought in such a group.

I guess this happens all across the board and in all constituencies, as it happens in our CCWG, where some of us (to varying degrees) cope a lot of the conversations while the majority of the +150 (?) members and participants are normally silent.

So, I guess that based on this "voluntary" principle the data you mention on the 2/3 element is significant, at least in showing that there seems not to be any government considering that threshold as something they should object (quite to the contrary it seems). And of the governments which participated there is quite an interesting variety in regional terms.

best regards

Jorge

Von meinem iPhone gesendet