[CCWG-ACCT] The 60 percent solution

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 23:48:13 UTC 2016

All,

I wanted to pluck this suggestion out of the email swamp.

Kavouss made an alternative proposal concerning another threshold between
Simple Majority and 2/3 -- the alternative threshold is 60%.

Speaking only for myself, this could be a simple but creative way out of
the current situation.  It is a literally a middle ground between the
current majority threshold and the previously proposed 2/3 threshold:

*Votes*

*Percentage*

*Result*

8/16

50%

No

9/16

56.25%

Yes, by majority

10/16

62.50%

Yes, if by 60%

11/16

68.75%

Yes, if by 2/3

This would require one more vote than the current threshold and one less
vote than the 2/3 threshold.  Win/win?

Greg