[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-ACCT Updates on Workstream 2

Karen Mulberry karen.mulberry at icann.org
Thu Jun 16 20:16:06 UTC 2016

Dear CCWG-ACCT,

As we prepare for the launch of Work Stream 2 in Helsinki, we would like to
remind you of a few key items:

Call next week
There is a call scheduled for next Tuesday at 19:00 UTC. The Chairs will
send out an agenda next Monday, but the focus will be preparations for
Helsinki, update on budgeting (PCST), and the public comment on ICANN
Articles of Incorporation (see here).

Propose a lightening talk
As discussed during the last CCWG-Accountability meeting, the agenda for
Helsinki includes time set aside for Œlightening talks¹.  This is meant as a
way to brainstorm and generate ideas around the scope and focus of Work
Stream 2 efforts. Please sign up on the list to propose the topic that will
be the focus of your talk ­ remember to stay in line with the scope of the
topics as outlined in the proposal (this is not an opportunity to expand to
new topics). So far, there are only two volunteers signed up for lightening
talks.  To sign up for a talk on a WS2 topic during the Helsinki meeting,
please go to the following Google doc and indicate which topic you have are
interest in speaking on:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qWnvDG_qCr6lLvXRo_e3NYp6DalnBokHP5wAbAXl
w5U/edit?usp=sharing

New Wiki space for WS2
The Wiki space for WS1 was becoming cluttered, so we have created a new
space for Work Stream 2.
Please bookmark this link in your browser:
https://community.icann.org/x/uQuOAw

The WS1 Wiki will remain open for the IRP work, implementation, and archival
purposes.

Expressions of Interest for Work Stream 2 Topics
We sent an update on the status for each topic earlier this week, so please
remember to sign up in the Google doc as either a participant or observer
for the various WS2 topics if you have not done so.
This will help determine how to organize the WS2 work.
Link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iw5yn9GRk8RcnTJzclwB-JuSe3B6JugEj_0oGOCs
eqU/edit?usp=sharing

Karen Mulberry
Director
Multistakeholder Strategy and Strategic Initiatives
ICANN
12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA  90094