[CCWG-ACCT] Transparency: DIDP-DCND Study

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Tue Jun 21 17:18:02 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

 During the course of the past year we in the NCSG have been able to use
some of our prime assets - our members who are postgraduate students - to
produce research to assist the members of this group so that we can
discharge our responsibilities in an informed, thoughtful manner. Much of
the focus of this work has been on transparency in general and the
performance to date of the Documentary Information Disclosure Policy (DIDP)
in particular.

 Attached please find a study focused on the DIDP's Defined Conditions of
Non-Disclosure. Authored by NCSG member Sarah Clayton, a phD student at the
University of Southern California, it was recently presented to wide
acclaim  at an academic conference in Newport Beach, California. It's
certainly the most comprehensive work I've seen on the subject and I'm
grateful Sarah has allowed me to share it with you. I would ask that
distribution be limited to this list in case Sarah would like to further
develop her work. I'm sure this research will be quite useful to us as we
discuss transparency reforms in work stream 2.

 Kind Regards,

 Ed Morris