[CCWG-ACCT] premature jurisdiction debates

Mike Rodenbaugh mike at rodenbaugh.com
Wed Jun 22 20:59:25 UTC 2016

Greg is correct.  But ICANN also can be sued even in places where it does
not have offices, if its actions are deemed to have sufficient effects in
such jurisdictions.  France, for example, has become notorious for allowing
suits against foreign companies based on their internet services accessible
in France -- but France is far from alone, and indeed our jurisdictional
principles in the US maintain this same concept.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
tel/fax:  +1.415.738.8087
http://rodenbaugh.com