[CCWG-ACCT] premature jurisdiction debates

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:27:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

The ccTLD and the gTLD/other TLDs records are within the ICANN root. While
there are procedures that ensures a distributed control, the reality
remains that the one who maintains the root has the overall "technical
control" which is Verisign. The community/ICANN/ccTLD et all trust that
they will continue to respect laid down process and not go out of scope.

That symbolises the principle for which the internet was built upon which
is trust at the middle of all our political and personal interests.

Regards
Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos