[CCWG-ACCT] premature jurisdiction debates

Nigel Roberts nigel at roberts.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 08:27:35 UTC 2016

And is generally declaratory in nature.

There is if course international private law but ICANN already operates under that.

And international criminal law. Which is irrelevant to us.

Par minder, you may have seen how I challenged another lawyer on this list when he made an unjustified assumption recently.

We say: "what is your authority for that proposition?"

It's what a judge might say.

It means "tell me the rule of law on which you rely "

If as non lawyer you want to join in .. And lawyers do welcome rational submission ..

You should nonetheless expect to be asked this question a LOT.

Sent from my iPhone