[CCWG-ACCT] premature jurisdiction debates

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Sun Jun 26 13:38:47 UTC 2016

Parminde

If you believe that the law is largely political, then you are
professing that you do not believe in the Rule of Law.

And that sets your views at odds with the multistakeholderism which most
of us have been building for 20 years.

You do not have to be a lawyer to participate constructively, but you do
have believe in rule by laws (rules), NOT rule by men (people).

Therefore ICANN needs to be in a jurisdiction which is under the rule of
law, where access to remedies does not have high barriers political
influence on the judiciary is at a minimum.

California's not where I suggested it be, back in 1998.

But it will do.