[CCWG-ACCT] FW: [Acct-Staff] Expression of Interest for Work Stream 2 Topics

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Wed Jun 29 06:54:25 UTC 2016

Please see below for a message from Michael Karanicolas. Michael is currently a CCWG-ACCT Observer but we are working to convert him to a Participant shortly. Since he is an Observer at the moment, he was not able to post the email below to the CCWG-ACCT list.

Hi all,

I would be happy to step in - please accept this as my expression of
interest in the rapporteur role for the transparency topic. I have
worked extensively on transparency systems in a variety of contexts,
including as the primary researcher for the RTI Rating, a comparative
global analysis of national-level right to information systems around
the world. In addition to work in a national context, I have engaged
with various international institutions to improve transparency,
including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations Environment
Program and the International Monetary Fund. Within the ICANN context,
my focus has mainly been on improving the DIDP, but I look forward to
broader engagement on ICANN's general policies towards transparency,
including by promoting robust proactive disclosure of documents,
hopefully taking the institution towards a system of information being
open by default.

Best wishes,

Michael Karanicolas
Senior Legal Officer