[CCWG-ACCT] Board resolution on Enhancing Openness and Transparency – Board Deliberations

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Wed May 18 13:20:56 UTC 2016

Bruce

This is REALLY nice to see.

May I blow the ccTLDs collective trumpet a bit? And suggest that the
ccNSO was and remains ahead of the Board in this particular game and
there double your bet! ;=)

So maybe next opportunity you get, you could suggest that the Board
might consider further enhancing ICANN accountability transparency in a
manner similar to the Decision of ccNSO Council in April (reproduced
below) in which we laid down that only specific and specified reasons
for closed proceedings should apply, and only for the duration necessary.

Just a thought . . .

Nigel

PS: This specificity-based approach with reasons required for /in
camera/ meetings is modelled after a particular Private Member's Bill on
openness and transparency in local government in the UK that was
sponsored by Margaret Thatcher in the 1960s.