[CCWG-ACCT] latest letter from Cruz et al FYI

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Sat May 21 16:09:33 UTC 2016

The NTIA is fully committed to the transition and will decide for itself whether the CWG and CCWG proposals meet their criteria. This letter will have no impact on that. It is a partisan effort and full of dishonest or completely discredited arguments (such as the “government property” claim, or the absurdly out of context quote from Kavouss).

This is just the Republicans in Congress positioning themselves to attempt to block the transition. It is not clear whether they have enough support even among Republicans to do that. Cruz remember is a failed Presidential candidate and very unpopular in his own party. Even the funding cutoff is questionable in terms of its effect on the ability of NTIA to end the IANA contract.

--MM