[CCWG-ACCT] Link to Senator Marco Rubio's letter to Larry Strickland

Paul Szyndler paul.szyndler at auda.org.au
Thu May 26 06:23:42 UTC 2016

Well, 8 with Lee and Langford.
Despite the fact all are Republicans and the obvious politicisation of the
issue, these representations are still worth paying attention to.

Rubio's letter is concerning because, if we ignore the fear-mongering
about the role of governments / GAC, it raises a reasonable question:
"should we hand over the role before we have tested the proposed model?"
Of course, this is a Catch-22 where the model can never be truly tested
until there is no NTIA involvement.
However, these political interventions are not as aggressive as in the
past and may just be nuanced enough to make some stakeholders consider the
assertions made within them.

Paul