[CCWG-ACCT] TR: [bylaws-coord] For Review - Summary and Analysis of Public Comment and proposed revised ICANN Bylaws

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Thu May 26 07:37:21 UTC 2016

Dear All,
On 25 May 2016 in regard with Bylaws Finalization a two pages doc. was
received.
Under Section 3 of this doc. NTIA proposed the following
Qoute

   1. *The GAC Changes from INTA *

INTA Recommended the following changes to the GAC-related Bylaws:

12.2(a)(x) ... “*may** only be rejected by a vote of no less than 60%
of the Board.*” 12.2(a)(xi) "*If GAC Consensus Advice is rejected by
the Board pursuant to              Section 12.2(a)(x) and If no such
mutually acceptable solution can be found, the Board will state in its
final decision*..."

Unquote
Dear Colleagues in GAC.
This is a totally unacceptable proposal.
It totally undermines the very basic principle of GAC Advice.
If such drastic and negative proposal is seriously considered, I propose
the following
2. Suppress the " GAC Carve-Out " totally
3. Suppress Recommendation 11 on Stress Test 18
Modify the Bylaws according ly