[CCWG-ACCT] New ICANN Bylaws

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Mon May 30 01:09:56 UTC 2016

Hello Rudolph,

>>  Does the ICANN Board see any of the CCWG's accountability recommendations as ultimately, possibly, be in conflict with it's contract with the NTIA?

>>  Can we say that the implementation of CCWG recommendations for increased accountability of ICANN to its stakeholders as agreed at this juncture, in any way, cause conflict with ICANN's current contract with NTIA

As others have also stated we are not seeing much impact on the accountability mechanisms developed by the CCWG on Accountability  if the NTIA chooses to extend its stewardship of the IANA functions in some form – but  some clean up of some of the text in the bylaws would be needed.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin