[CCWG-ACCT] About the CEO initiative regarding the complaint office

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:44:47 UTC 2016

​Dear Tijani,​

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Tijani BEN JEMAA <tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
> wrote:

> What I said in the CCWG face to face meeting regarding the CEO intention
> of creating a Complaint Office:
>
>    - A good initiative
>
> ​Yes, it is. ​

​A well meant step, but we do have some comments.​

We need an overall macro design to ensure fairness in the overall
organization, under which the initiatives could arise.

>    - Shouldn’t be part of the Legal department
>    - Shouldn’t be a decision making decision
>    - Should be more an interaction office than a complaint one
>    - Should be a communication channel for the CEO to understand better
>    and on time the concerns of the community regarding the staff performance

​On this point, the Complaints Officer becomes a 'channel' as you mention,
through whose eyes the CEO would perceive and understand problems. However
constituted, the Complaints Office / Officer is another organ, and this
again defines a rigid path for the CEO to see and understand issues. A much
better way would be open up the channels of communication, remove any
bottlenecks (as exist in a Government style hierarchy​) and allow flow of
information / consultations peer to peer, as much as possible and where
required, across divisions, and in general by not being rigid about how
communication is channelized.

​I would emphasize again the need for an overall macro design.

Sivasubramanian M​​

Sivasubramanian M <https://www.facebook.com/sivasubramanian.muthusamy>