[CCWG-ACCT] IANA Transition update and next steps

Steve Crocker steve.crocker at board.icann.org
Tue Oct 4 21:34:48 UTC 2016

Leon, Thomas and Mathieu,

With apologies for a few days delay, let me offer the congratulations of the ICANN Board of Directors for the extraordinary work of you and the entire Accountability team.  As has already been said many times, this is indeed a historic accomplishment.

The Board is fully committed to the revised model.  The bylaws implementing the model were passed some months ago and automatically went into effect Saturday.

The Board is committed to the spirit as well as the letter of the new bylaws.  An ongoing consideration in all of our deliberations is how to make our processes more transparent and clear in concert with improving our effectiveness and efficiency.

Again, thanks for your leadership and congratulations to all of us for reaching this significant milestone.

Steve Crocker
Chair, ICANN Board of Directors