[CCWG-ACCT] Notes, recordings and transcript for Diversity Subgroup Meeting #18 | 13 April 2017

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Thu Apr 13 19:47:37 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2 Diversity Subgroup Meeting #18 – 13 April 2017 will be available here:   https://community.icann.org/x/-b-RAw
 A copy of the action items and notes may be found below.

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Brenda Brewer, Projects & Operations Assistant
Multistakeholder Strategy & Strategic Initiatives (MSSI)
[cid:image001.png at 01D2B464.E437D800]
Action items:

·         Rafik Dammak – Send a reminder to the group to read the draft proposal and make comments.
Notes (including relevant portions of chat):
18 participants at start of call
1. Roll call
2. Review of action items

·         Staff re Interpretation – see next agenda item

·         GAC group on uderserved regions

o    Pua Hunter - There will be a pacific region workshop in Fiji at the end of April and will have a survey that is currently focused on GAC members but we hope to make it available to a wider audience. Once we have the results of the survey we will share that with this group.
3. Status of Interpretation request
Rafik Damak – French and Spanish interpretation is available today. What about captioning?
Bernard Turcotte – captioning is not yet available but should be soon.
4. Progress of draft report - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l2cGcx8nNvYSg_ZMUVnoC2t0VKb4ATQVTXxcxYILrXc/edit[docs.google.com]
Dalila Rahmoumi - diversity must something that does more than simply collect data - it must put forward proposals for increasing diversity. Report also notes that it will only be done if the funds should be there - we should not get into administrative issues - we need to focus on the 3 main points - collect, strategies
Julie Hammer - my personal view is we should focus more on the functions required vs actually proposing an actual structure. The organization should be the one to decide how to implement. Uncertain I support proposing an office of diversity.
Rafik Dmak - functions first is good. Do we need to set actual numerical goals vs just being aspirational? Just ideas at this point
Dalila Rahmoumi - Agree what is important is the functions but an Office is for providing a focal point that is cross community unit.
Rafik Damak - What is important at this point is to be clear as to WHAT we want and WHY we want it. Going into implementation we should remain high level. Let’s see if we can find a middle way on this. Advise everyone to review the document and comment. Drafting team will focus on the recommendations and continue its work. We will need to have a work plan if we want to deliver a report for June.
Rafik Damak – I will send a reminder to everyone to read the document and compile an issue list. Will resume the work of the drafting team.
5- AOB
(None)
Adjourned
Decisions:

·         Group has to focus first on what it wants and why it wants it.

·         Drafting team to resume work focusing on recommendations