[CCWG-ACCT] Call for input - Staff Accountability issues list

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Tue Apr 18 00:34:01 UTC 2017

Dear CCWG participants,

The Staff Accountability subgroup has been following the changed approach
to our work we agreed together in Copenhagen at ICANN 58.

We now need some input from you, and we hope you can offer some thoughts.
This is *not* a First Reading request, it is a request for you to share
some experience you may or may not have with us over the next week or so.

In dealing with the staff accountability subject, we are in a "problem
identification" phase. We are trying to understand and log the challenges
or concerns people have with staff accountability matters.

With each issue identified, we are identifying CONTRIBUTIONS to that issue
(i.e. what is making it an issue / problem); and IMPACTS of that issue
(what are the consequences of the issue, what effect does it have on the
ICANN system?).

Once we know the set of issues, we'll start working on ways to solve them.
But being clear about the issues or problems is the first step, and where
we are now.

*Please review the table attached (.pdf or .docx), or in Google docs, at *<
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12ihFgBE5lcVTfiL6wft9MsOqHaSSK
nzIDd1utROosNU/edit?usp=sharing>

We would welcome your feedback on these particular points:

1. Are the issues identified so far issues which seem general, or are they
based (to your knowledge) on one-off circumstances?  [we should only try
and solve systemic or recurring issues, not one-offs]

2. Are there issues not on the list that we should be thinking about? (If
so, please add them as tracked changes in the google doc)

3. Are there other contributions to the issues in the list, or impacts from
the issues, that you can add to make the table richer and more accurate?
(if so, please add them as tracked changes in the google doc)

Thanks for sharing your thinking with us over the next week or so.  *It
would be most helpful if you could add your thoughts in the Google doc
rather than by email on the list. *

Avri Doria, Jordan Carter
Co-Rapporteurs, Staff Accountability, CCWG