[CCWG-ACCT] Notes, recordings and transcript for WS2 Ombudsman Subgroup Meeting #16 | 06 February 2017

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Mon Feb 6 06:07:48 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2_ CCWG Ombudsman Subgroup, Meeting #16 -  06 February 2017 will be available here:  https://community.icann.org/x/BIvRAw

A copy of the notes may be found below.

Kind Regards,
Yvette Guigneaux
Multi-Stakeholder & Strategic Initiative Asst.
ICANN
Email:  yvette.guigneaux at icann.org<mailto:yvette.guigneaux at icann.org>
Cell:  +1-310-460-8432
Skype:  yvette.guigneaux.icann

12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Playa Vista, CA 90094

________________________________
Notes  (including portions of the chat):
Apologies for not having sent an agenda ahead of this call.
Would like to use this call to get following updates:
*  Update on RFP
*  Update on work w/ Diversity team
*  Update on work w/ Transparency team
Update on RFP (Lars)
*  7 proposals received, from 4 continents
*  ICANN staff is going to do a preliminary scoring this week, and will present score cards in the next meeting of the subgroup, ie next Monday, Feb 13.
*  Lars will confirm this week the kind of elements that can be shared with the subgroup at this point.
*  Asha Hemrajani: I understand that the target date for selection of vendor is Feb 20. Just wanted to check if there is any possibility for delay?
*  Sebastien: at this point, no reason for delay.
Update on work w/ Diversity team
*  Diversity group is interested in our proposal but want to give it more thoughts
*  Asha Hemrajani: Just wanted to ask - just wanted to get a feel - does everyone agree to having diversity disputes or monitoring etc under the ombuds function?
*  Sebastien: our proposal was to have the office of diversity hosted within the Ombuds office.

Update on work w/ Transparency team
*  Had some exchanges with the rapporteur
*  The Transparency report will be presented to the Plenary
*  Herb had raised concerns regarding potential conflicts regarding confidentiality
*  Sebastien suggests that these elements be documented, so that the subgroup can take them on as necessary.
*  avri doria: has the reporting strucnture for the ombuds changed.  does the office report to the legal team?
*  Sebatien: the Ombuds office reports to the board
*  Asha Hemrajani: Yes the ombuds function still reports into the board, selection by the BGC
AOB
Staff accountability:
*  avri doria: the question that may come out of the staff acct is whether the ombuds can take issues from the staff.
*  Asha Hemrajani: Good point Avri
*  Sebastien: this point is already in our report, and I will try to attend the staff acct subgroup meeting
*  Herb: if a issue arises in the community, the ombuds can look into it
*  Sebastien: suggest we add it as a t