[CCWG-ACCT] On IRP subgroup summary being presented at Johannesburg

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 09:55:22 UTC 2017

Dear Malcolm

Thank you for explaining the context. But I was actually trying to take
this reference to mission and bylaws somewhat beyond the immediate context.
ICANN's mission at a Global entity operating in Global Public Interest
ought not to be straight-jacketed. If limited, ICANN would be severely
restrained from doing what it takes to care for the DNS. Section 4.3 needs
an amendment, even if it is late into the work stream to make this
suggestion, as IRP ought not to be restrained by this limited view of
ICANN's mission. The task before the IRP is to examine if ICANN CONTRAVENED
its bylaws and not if it EXCEEDED its mission.

Sivasubramanian M

Sivasubramanian M <https://www.facebook.com/sivasubramanian.muthusamy>