[CCWG-ACCT] Calling for Volunteers for ATRT3!

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Thu May 25 03:12:26 UTC 2017

Hello everyone!

As you may know, ICANN needs additional applicants for the Call for Volunteers <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2017-04-20-en> of the third Accountability and Transparency Review (ATRT3).  Despite promoting this Review and extending the deadline for applicants to June 2, ICANN has still only received 10 applicants.  You can find the current list of applicants here <https://community.icann.org/display/atrt/Applications+Received>.  ICANN Review Teams can consist of a maximum number of 21 members.  To ensure that ATRT3 is comprised of a diverse and well-qualified team of community members, we are seeking additional applicants from the global community.

The objective of this very important review is to assess ICANN's execution of its commitment to maintain and improve robust mechanisms for public input, accountability, and transparency and to ensure that the outcomes of its decision-making reflect the public interest and are accountable to the Internet community.

If you are interested in learning more about the ATRT3 Review, please click here to visit theCall for Volunteers <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2017-04-20-en> to learn how to apply along with additional information about Review scope, skills and experience needed, and what Review Team Members should expect.

We (the Co-chairs) are aware of the fatigue many of us are going thru and clearly identify ourselves with the situation. However, we do believe that amongst the people reading this list are the best people for this very important task. Therefore we happily agreed to help ICANN in this call for volunteers by making it extensive to the list with this message and encouraging all of you to put your names forward or suggest those who you think might be willing to contribute to this very important task.

Do you know someone else who may also be interested in applying?  Please help ICANN by sharing this email and spreading the word.  The deadline for applications is 2 June 2017.

Thank you so much for your time and interest,

Sincerely,

Jordan Carter, Thomas Rickert and Leon Sanchez, co-chairs, CCWG-Accountability