[CCWG-ACCT] [Ws2-jurisdiction] Jurisdiction Subgroup. Draft Report. Statement of Brazil. Annex. To be annexed to the draft report. For consideration by the CCWG.

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Sun Oct 15 22:20:44 UTC 2017

There is much that can be said in response to these submissions - including
the substantive corrections that has been offered by Greg, which I endorse
completely.  Any suggestion that the subgroup report is the product of an
"incorrect census-level designation made by the Chair" is false as to fact
and the suggestion should be withdrawn.

At this point, however, the only other thing that needs saying is that the
views of Parminder and the Brazilian government were extensively discussed
in the subgroup and never garnered majority support (much less support
approaching consensus).  As such, the dissenting views of the minority are
just that - minority views reflecting the opinion of a small dissatisfied
group of dissenters.

The subgroup was open to participation from everyone in the ICANN community
and it did reach consensus on the two issues presented, which I commend to
the favorable attention of the plenary.

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig

 <mailto:paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com>