[CCWG-ACCT] [Ws2-jurisdiction] Jurisdiction Subgroup. Draft Report. Statement of Brazil. Annex. To be annexed to the draft report. For consideration by the CCWG.

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Oct 16 16:30:44 UTC 2017

On Monday 16 October 2017 09:13 PM, Mueller, Milton L wrote:

> This is a disappointing statement, but it needs to be understood that
> this is a dissent from a tiny minority whose ideas were not accepted
> because they were unrealistic and unattainable.
>

> It was already known that proposals for an intergovernmental
> organization governed by some as-yet-nonexistent form of international
> law had support from only two or three people, and overwhelmingly
> strong opposition from everyone else.

Milton

Can you point me to such a proposal in the sub-group's proceedings
having been seriously presented and discussed? I myself did not see it.
Or are you on the job of creating straw-men!

> And it was also clear that petitioning the Trump administration and a
> Republican Congress for an act of Congress granting ICANN immunity
> would be a blunder of unprecedented magnitude that would achieve
> exactly the opposite of the proponents’ stated objectives.

You often speak about intellectual honesty. Let me take you up on it:
is your problem only about what Trump admin will do with a
"jurisdictional immunity for ICANN"  proposal? Were you really ready for
it before Trump came to power, and when he will not be in power? I hope
you do not run away and actually answer these questions.

parminder