[CCWG-ACCT] Call for volunteers (actually, this isn't one :-))

Thomas Rickert thomas at rickert.net
Thu Sep 14 08:09:42 UTC 2017

All,
there has been quite some discussion around the dissenting opinion drafted by Jorge in the HR subgroup. Besides the disagreement with an aspect of the HR subgroup report, the supporters of the dissenting opinion have criticized that there was no sufficient outreach when a drafting team doing work to facilitate the analysis of public comments was recruited. While there has been a call for volunteers on a subgroup’s call and reference has been made to this activity going on in other places, we appreciate that there is a lot of information circulated on mailing lists and in transcripts. Thus, we would take this opportunity to let everyone know that we will monitor more closely if and when volunteers to take on work are sought and will ensure that such calls will be made more visible by explicitly tagging communication as „call for volunteers“ on the respective mailing lists. We do hope that this facilitates participation and contribution.

We would like to thank Jorge and his colleagues for pointing this out in our joint endeavor to make the working environment as pleasant for everyone as possible.

Kind regards,
León Sanchez, Jordan Carter, Thomas Rickert