[CCWG-ACCT] WS2 Sub Group on AC_SO_Accountability Plenary Draft Report (Final) to the CCWG-Accountability WS2 for consideration at our September CCWG Meeting.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 09:03:25 UTC 2017

16th September 2017,

Dear Co-Chairs

The WS2 Sub-Group on AC_SO_Accountability is pleased to present to the
CCWG-Accountability WS2 our Final Report titled 'Plenary Draft' for
discussion, review, and consideration.

On Thursday 14th of September at our 33rd meeting, the Sub-Group finalized
with full consensus of those in attendance and no indication from the
mailing list of any objection or concern, the attached Final Report after
our detailed consideration of the Public Comments received on our earlier
Interim Report.

At this same meeting, it was also formally agreed, that in our opinion the
edits and changes made to our Report as a result of Public Comment input
consideration were not substantial enough to require a second
Public Comment on our recommendations (noting that this had been a working
assumption for several meetings).

Our approved report can be found  here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sT6SscZLT7VK2rVFOMPaiK1Qd8vlVLkm0boRX7I8ru0/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs>

Our Public Comment response sheet is found here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uAjMUtnaigi5-zSMGmmIbvFNcPxGQC0cMB_a7XskQfI/edit#gid=639129231>
.

A redline document from the Plenary version we approved in May is attached,
for those who wish to check that as we believe the changes we have made are
indeed minimal.

The AC_SO_Accountability Sub Group Co- Rapporteurs will be pleased to
answer any questions and discuss any comments from the CCWG on the CCWG
list before and of course at the upcoming CCWG Meeting on September 27th,
where we would also appreciate the opportunity to introduce our
documentation.

Also, we should like to draw your attention again to a caveat point we have
previously made to the CCWG regarding our recommendations of now 29 Good
Practices. i.e. "AC/SO/Groups are only expected to implement these Good
Practices to the extent that these practices are applicable and an
improvement over present practices, in the view of AC/SO/Group
participants.  Again, we are not recommending that implementation of these
practices be required by AC/SO/Groups."

Kindest regards,

AC_SO_Accountability Sub Group Co-Rapporteurs,
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
Steve del Bianco
Farzaneh Badii​

Attached :

   1. SOAC-Accountability Plenary Draft Report
   2. Summary of Public Comments
   3. Redline of Final Plenary Report

​​
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uAjMUtnaigi5-zSMGmmIbvFNcPxGQC0cMB_a7XskQfI/edit?usp=gmail#gid=639129231>Preview
attachment SOAC-Accountability Report [Plenary Draft 3.3]
SOAC-Accountability Report [Plenary Draft 3.3]
Shared in Drive
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sT6SscZLT7VK2rVFOMPaiK1Qd8vlVLkm0boRX7I8ru0/edit?usp=gmail#heading=h.gjdgxs>Preview
attachment summary of public comments
Summary of public comments