[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-Accountability-WS2 Final Report - ICANN Board Input - Status

Bernard Turcotte turcotte.bernard at gmail.com
Thu May 24 18:36:42 UTC 2018

​

WS2 Plenary,

Last week the Co-Chairs forwarded you the ICANN Board input on WS2
recommendations which was the result of our discussions with members of the
Board on WS2 recommendations at ICANN 61.

You will remember from our discussions at the WS2 face to face meeting at
ICANN 61 that our objective for that meeting was to explore the possibility
of resolving any lingering issues the ICANN Board would have with our
recommendations via implementation guidance which would not modify any of
the WS2 recommendations.

The results of the meeting with members of the Board on WS2 recommendations
was that the CCWG-Accountability would look into producing implementation
advice relative to the concerns of the Board once these were formally
presented to the CCWG-Accountability.

As such the Board input on the WS2 recommendations provides that input and
the transmission letter states that “As we discussed in San Juan, we hope
that the CCWG-Acct finds these inputs helpful in considering if any further
implementation guidance can be given that would support the Board’s
consideration of the WS2 recommendations.” which is in line with the
conclusions of the ICANN 61 meeting.

The Co-Chairs held a meeting May 23 to consider various options for
implementation guidance which would not alter the final recommendations of
WS2 and have asked staff to prepare proposals for the Co-Chairs
consideration so we can then present the best options to the plenary.

Given the time required to prepare this the Co-Chairs have agreed that we
should cancel the plenary scheduled for Wednesday 30 May 1900 UTC and focus
on holding the Wednesday 6 June 0500 plenary to discuss the options for
implementation guidance.

Bernard Turcotte

ICANN Staff Support to the CCWG-Accountability-WS2

for

The CCWG-Accountability WS2 Co-Chairs

Thomas, Jordan, Tijani
​