[CCWG-ACCT] WS2 report acceptance and approval?

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Fri Oct 26 13:38:52 UTC 2018

Hi, Niels,

> I wanted to ask where we are in the process of approval of the CCWG WS2
> report. To be more precise: have all SOs and ACs accepted the report?
> When is the board expected to discuss/approve the report?

Quoting the GAC Barcelona communique:

"The GAC is not in a position to approve or reject the recommendations
 on jurisdiction. Some GAC members support the recommendations. Other
 GAC members consider that they fall short of the objectives envisaged
 for Work Stream 2 and only partly mitigate the risks associated with
 ICANN’s subjection to US jurisdiction. The reasons why these members
 object to approving the recommendations are documented in the
 dissenting statement submitted to the CCWG by Brazil."

	Julf