[CCWG-ACCT] WS2 report acceptance and approval?

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Fri Oct 26 15:00:25 UTC 2018

That quote refers to jurisdiction.
The FoI rec has bern approved by the GAC...
best
Jorge

________________________________

Von: Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com>
Datum: 26. Oktober 2018 um 15:40:15 MESZ
An: accountability-cross-community at icann.org <accountability-cross-community at icann.org>, Niels ten Oever <lists at nielstenoever.net>
Betreff: Re: [CCWG-ACCT] WS2 report acceptance and approval?

Hi, Niels,

> I wanted to ask where we are in the process of approval of the CCWG WS2
> report. To be more precise: have all SOs and ACs accepted the report?
> When is the board expected to discuss/approve the report?

Quoting the GAC Barcelona communique:

"The GAC is not in a position to approve or reject the recommendations
 on jurisdiction. Some GAC members support the recommendations. Other
 GAC members consider that they fall short of the objectives envisaged
 for Work Stream 2 and only partly mitigate the risks associated with
 ICANN’s subjection to US jurisdiction. The reasons why these members
 object to approving the recommendations are documented in the
 dissenting statement submitted to the CCWG by Brazil."

        Julf