[Alac-sc-outreach] Calling Outreach and Engagement SC members from AFRALO, EURALO, LACRALO to develop an Outreach and Engagement Strategy for their RALO
Dev Anand Teelucksingh
devtee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 22:44:30 UTC 2015
Dear LACRALO, EURALO, AFRALO members of the Outreach and Engagement SC,
One of the key deliverables is the development of an Outreach and
Engagement Strategy for each of the 5 RALOs.This is important for this WG
to define some goals and expectations for At-Large Outreach and Engagement
and to plan approaches to achieve such goals.
One approach available to At-Large is the ICANN's Community Regional
Outreach Pilot Program (CROPP ; https://community.icann.org/x/P400Aw).
ICANN's CROPP allows RALOs to apply for funding for 5 travellers to go to
regional events (up to 3 days, 2 nights) in order to:
1) Build local/regional awareness and recruit new community members;
2) effectively engage with current members and/or "reactivate” previously
engaged ICANN community members; and
3) Communicate ICANN’s mission and objectives to new audiences.
This year (FY16) , CROPP requires "a clear (if not detailed) plan
explaining their FY16 outreach goals and planned expectations so that the
selected activities can be coordinated with the appropriate ICANN Global
Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) teams. These outreach plans
require approval by At-Large (via the RALO and the Outreach and Engagement
SC) and the regional GSE before September 30 2015 and before any CROPP
proposals can be filed.
Two RALOs have prepared Outreach Strategies
- APRALO which was provisionally approved by the O & E SC, subject to being
updated in the future (https://community.icann.org/x/d500Aw)
- NARALO which was approved at NARALO's meeting and was shown at the last O
& E SC call on August 3 (https://community.icann.org/x/KJ40Aw)
AFRALO, EURARLO and LACRALO needs to prepare such outreach plans with some
specific measurable objectives. I've created Google Docs (no Google acct
- AFRALO http://bitly.com/AFRALO-Outreach-FY16
- EURALO http://bitly.com/LACRALO-Outreach-FY16
- LACRALO http://bitly.com/LACRALO-Outreach-FY16
for the regional O&E members to edit, discuss and come up with ideas for
sharing with their RALO.
Dev Anand Teelucksingh
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Alac-sc-outreach