[Alac-sc-outreach] Ideas for Engagement Strategies

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:39:06 UTC 2015

Dear All,

With the discussion of the outreach strategies on the September 8 2015 call
(https://community.icann.org/x/iYRYAw), we didn't have a chance to discuss
on first steps for
strategies for At-Large engagement.

Its an important topic as I'm sure all RALOs have many ALSes that and I
therefore want to begin discussions before our next conference call.

I've created a wiki space at
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Ideas+for+Engagement+Strategies

for us to comment on and get some ideas.

Some first thoughts to get the discussions about engagement going:

Some first ideas to generate discussion:

* What would be the criterion for deciding if an ALS is not engaged in your
RALO/At-Large?
* Do RALOs have a list of non-engaged ALSes?

* What are possible approaches to deal with non-engaged ALSes?
- Decide to pick some ALSes to focus and mentor with? What criteria do we
use to pick which ones and why?
- Do we survey those non-engaged ALSes to find out why they are not
engaged? (A challenge is that they may not respond to a survey)

* How can ALSes, especially newer ALSes be more engaged when they join
At-Large?
- Perhaps by having the sort of material, not necessarily a beginner's
guide, but some form of infographcs and short videos are needed. Maybe we
need to look at ICANN Learn, or Glenn's ebook project to see how to convey
these concepts on how ALSes can be involved. The At-Large website redesign
is also looking at these concepts of how we reach persons to get involved.

Have at it!
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Ideas+for+Engagement+Strategies

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh