[Alac-sc-outreach] REMINDER: Input Requested: Civil Society Engagement Overview and Forward Planner

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:32:05 UTC 2015

Dear All,

I've posted a comment on the draft ICANN Civil Society Engagement Overview
document at https://community.icann.org/x/-5FCAw

"Whilst its good to see this type of Civil Society Engagement and
Capacity Building which I suspect are in line with many regional
Strategies, one key concern for At-Large is the lack of sustained
regular coordination between At-Large and GSE.

Too many times in the past, At-large members discover by accident
about an nearby IG/ICT event GSE is participating in that would have
benefited with an At-Large presence to work with and assist the GSE in
doing outreach. We recognize that sometimes GSE find themselves
attending an event "at the last minute" and are also aware that not
all of the GSE travels may not want to be publicised depending on the
stakeholders being met.

Nevertheless, more sustained, regular communication between At-Large
and GSE would minimize such lost opportunities. Some suggestions:

* the GSE staff be added to the At-Large Outreach and Engagement SC
mailing lists to share information more closely and for GSE to be
aware of At-Large Outreach and Engagement discussions and efforts
* regular conference calls with the At-Large Outreach and Engagement
SC and GSE staff to review outreach events (perhaps once a month? -
the timing can be discussed with the GSE at the Dublin meeting)
* The Outreach and Engagement SC have created group calendars to track
regional outreach events for possible use for CROPP to attend such
events. You can view the calendars for all the regions at
http://bitly.com/At-Large-Outreach. GSE staff can also use this
calendar to add their regional outreach events to the calendar and
thus together have a shared space to see the outreach events in all
region for regular review (via the Outreach and Engagement list and/or
the regular conference calls with the Outreach and Engagement SC and
the GSE)

Do review the draft Civil Society engagement in FY16 document and
submit any additional comments on the wiki page at
https://community.icann.org/x/-5FCAw

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand