[Alac-sc-outreach] ICANN announces 56 individuals from 41 countries for ICANN's Fellowship program at the ICANN58

Jason Hynds jason.hynds at partsinc.biz
Fri Dec 23 16:06:28 UTC 2016

Glenn I also belated applaud you as progenitor. Sorry for the oversight but Dev Anand's spreadsheet formulas and other tech bits does this razzmatazz thing.

1.) I would like to see it remain up-to-date and evolve.

2.) It would need more internal ICANN cooperation to have the output even more accurate than the public announcements. I'm currently not sure how you all got the coaches list for ICANN54 Dublin but I think there is a need to identify those across all the subsequent meetings. I can offer to update the ones other than the latest (ICANN58) and ICANN55. Let's discuss.

3.) It looks like significant man-hours to produce all the various versions.
Given the above, this should be part of a paid role and helped by internal data and resources. I think there are a few other analyses and reports that may be similarly helped.

4.) I think outreach at local and regional levels can be especially helped by following similar formats for collating NextGen and the special programmes participants into such a worksheet. The GSE (Global Stakeholder Engagement) folks may have there own tools but otherwise I could see this being useful to them as well as some of the CROPP (Community Regional Outreach Pilot Programme) efforts and others.

5.) Promotion of these useful tools would be a good thing.

Versus the alternative of memory recall or tedious searches to answer a simple question, I find it useful to some of my collaborative outreach efforts. It has shorten my work time. Increased efficiencies in these time consuming volunteer activities that can redefine one's understanding of patience, success etc is very welcomed.

Thanks Glenn et al.

Regards,

Jason Hynds

*** Sent from my BLU smartphone device ***