[Alac-sc-outreach] Updated Community Onboarding approach and documents
Dev Anand Teelucksingh
devtee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 22:44:20 UTC 2017
Been working on the Community Onboarding documents with Beran Gillen
and Issac Maposa.
We've updated the wiki at
to highlight the thinking of the onboarding approach.
To summarize - we should work to develop a series of ordered
1) Start here - presents tailored set of topics/slides depending on
2) What is the DNS and who coordinates all of this stuff ? -
Introduce the concepts of the DNS and introduce entities like ICANN
the corporation, and ICANN the community.
3) Policy challenges/issues in the DNS - slidedeck to help new or
potential At-Large Community members to learn about the various ICANN
policy issues of interest to end users, why end users should care
about these issues, and how as part of the ICANN At-Large Community
they can become involved on these issues.
4) Introduction to the ICANN At-Large Community - slidedeck about the
At-Large Community, its key activities, and how to engage with the
5) Navigating At-Large - for existing At-Large Community members, how
to find relevant information and participate in At-Large activities
We've made updates to 2) What is the DNS? and tweaked 3) the Policy
Issues slidedeck to explain its intent and begun work on 1) Start
We've yet to start work on 5) Navigating At-Large
All of the slides can be viewed at
Comments, suggestions welcomed.
More information about the Alac-sc-outreach