[Alac-sc-outreach] Fwd: Re: [EURO-Discuss] EURALO Outreach Strategic Plan - please comment

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 04:06:24 UTC 2017

The guide is good.. but if its something we want everyone to make sense of
we need to explain each section without oral or written language which is
the first barrier...

We keep saying that a lot of our potential participants are not comfortable
with English and then we give them that booklet.

I love those videos where an artist draws a flowchart as a visual to
explain a process - no language but the message is clear.
A new online guidebook could consist of a series of flowcharts that
introduce and explain each process.
By clicking onto the flowchart you would access the artist's "explanation"
of how the process occurs, but no actual voice-over required - so no
language barriers..

Anyone know a good artist?