[Alac-sc-outreach] Fwd: Re: [EURO-Discuss] EURALO Outreach Strategic Plan - please comment

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 16:48:44 UTC 2017

Hi Olivier and team

Exactly.. its how the message is delivered.

I love the you tube videos but if you hadn't told me I wouldn't have even
known what was there... I had a look at others while I was there too. Some
are great but too long. 2 minutes max or people turn off, too much
information! Sometimes the information is too drawn out (like the great
Clearinghouse information) but perhaps if it was shorter and downloadable
then anyone could access the information when they needed it.

I have used "What is ICANN?" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJY5xJKPhjA)
during a local presentation. In that context 4 minutes wasn't a big deal..
but I had also printed off some of the frames for discussion after the
video.. A resource that started with that video , and then had some short
bullet points based on key frames would be useful as a training resource
for a workshop.

But there is so much of this valuable info that is being produced that
noone knows about and can comment.  (Mind you, did anyone change the
At-Large logo that we all complained about in the last ICANN  video they
produced? what happened to that?)

But if there was a new Beginners Guide resource that incorporated these
types of  short videos, or infographics, posters etc, instead of lots of
words on a page (which as you say people just DONT read), then I think
understanding (first of all) would be more effectively delivered..

Is there a an advisory group of end-users on the panels that produce these
videos? We should use the disability motto "Nothing about us without us"...