[Alac-sc-outreach] Fwd: [ALAC-Announce] ICANN News Alert -- ICANN59 Fellowship Application Round Now Open

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Jan 3 11:37:38 UTC 2017

Dear Seun,

thanks for your follow-up. Outreach to *who* on day 1? I thought the day
1 outreach was for the whole region, not only for locals at local
colleges and universities. We'd have returning fellows only. And the
security situation in Jo'burg is such that we'll find it challenging to
go out an engage in the local communities in universities... So what
"outreach" would we be doing? And watch closely if the other parts of
ICANN will do outreach at all. Calling this a "policy forum" sends the
wrong signal.
Kindest regards,

Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD