[Alac-sc-outreach] Some Suggestions on O&E

Rao Naveed Bin Rais naveedbinrais at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 12:33:49 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

Following on our session held at ICANN59, I want to provide some
suggestions that I feel, could help in furthering the outcome of our
efforts.

1) As I raised this question during the meeting, it is better if we could
work towards having a measure on how successful our efforts are (and were).
I see that a lot of outreach events took place recently, but we need to see
how successful they were. (OUTREACH)

2) I see that different sorts of efforts are being made in different RALOs
and I am not sure which of these worked the best (or better than the
others). Hence, there should be a way for RALOs to learn from each other's
efforts and activities. (OUTREACH)

3) As the APRALO's General Assembly is approaching, it would be better if
we could plan it in such as way that ALSes in the region can contribute
actively in the GA. For instance, one of the ways is to require from each
of the participating ALSes to discuss a particular issue of user interest
locally and come up with their own view on that issue and somehow present
it at the GA. This way, we will take the engagement to the deepest possible
level, and the GA will be beyond merely attending ICANN60 and go away.
(ENGAGEMENT)

Thanks and feedback on this is appreciated.

Cheers,
Naveed -