[Alac-sc-outreach] The new ICANN's Fellows and Nextgen video is great except.....

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Mon May 1 22:50:04 UTC 2017

A new ICANN video titled "NextGen & Fellows Video" promoting how one
can get involved in ICANN via the Nextgen and Fellows program. It also
tries to explain what is the DNS and ICANN in a simple way.

https://youtu.be/nrV_ZkDEfIQ

I think its a good video.

HOWEVER,

At the 36 second mark where the voiceover mentions the volunteer
community, all of the ACs and SOs are listed to the left side of the
spinning globe in a fashion like

ICANN | <acronym of AC or SO>
<name of AC and SO>

EXCEPT

for ICANN At-Large - the At-Large logo is displayed. (screenshot attached)

The result:

1) Because ICANN At-Large is treated differently, we appear invisible
and not part of the community - because the target audience is not
aware of the At-Large logo, I suspect many will not see At-Large at
all and treat the logo as some sort of arbitrary graphic floating
around.

2) The completely different styling makes us be seen as outside the
legitimate multi-stakeholder community.

We should have been treated and displayed equally as the other ACs and SOs.

Regards,

Dev Anand